Monday, June 7, 2010

(4/5/10)

Dear Family,
So I'm not sure what Onielio actually said but I'm sure he was just being nice. But yeah he is the chef and wow he cooks amazing. I had 3 fillet minons when I was there!! He also helped out a lot with the missionaries but actually the one that I probably talked about a lot who helped out the missionaries was Miguel Angel. He was also super cool!!!
Anyway I hope you all enjoyed confrence. I loved it!! It seemed really centered on the family and the parents and being ready!! of course I loved Elder Hollands talk like always but also Elder Fosters talk was really really good!
So to give you the 411 on everything that happened. Tuesday We headed our of Aruba and spent all day traveling, first we stopped at Curacou and then saint Martin and then an island called Tortula. It was actually WAY WAY cool to see all these little islands and all the little islands around them. I talked to the people there and they said that basically everyone has a boat and when you want to go to the beach you just go pick and island and a lot of the times you have the island to yourself. When I got off the plain in Puerto Rico and saw all the american Flags I loved it!! I was so happy I started saying the Pledge of Aligence but was sadly stopped when I realized I dont remember it!!! But it was cool. So yeah back to 3 day mail and the US dollar!! By the way I will put my address at the bottom of the email so you can write me directly and maybe i can write back quicker. i will be here for AT LEAST 6 weeks!!
I am now in a area call San German and is is huge but I hear the members are super strong and willing to help out as well. I am with Elder Dennis. He has been out for less then 2 months!! This is his second transfere but he is already awesome and a good missionary. Him and I are set on working way hard and being the best we can be!! He is a lot bigger than me though like a lot of my other companions, he is about 6'4!! They also called me to be the District leader here!! I'm super excited for the opportunity to learn from this!!
So yeah the spanish... is coming. I still have A LOT of work to do but it can be done!!
I love the mission family!! Its awesome!! i have met so many people and created such good relationships that i will never forget. Obvioulsy I miss you all but there is a time and a place for everything and right now my time is here!! But I love you all!! I know this church is true and that we have a God that loves and guides us through Our profet. If you have time read Alma 30:44 and take a step back for some time to look at everything we have like our family and the nature!! Everything that testifys of a living God!!
I love you all and hope you have an awesome week!!

Love Elder Knudsen

Urb. San Ramon
Calle C 29A
San German, PR, 00683

No comments:

Post a Comment